I have always firmly believed that you should never underestimate a person who has nothing to lose.
It’s no secret that at this point, Brianne Chantal Patterson, a known cyber-stalker (please Google her name) and “founder” of Light Up Yellow and MissMusing(dot)ca, has been lighting up the Internet as of late with her reckless and inflammatory behaviour. But in case you’re completely unaware of what’s been happening, here’s the basic low-down:
- Prior to 2014, Brianne had engaged in multiple instances of harassing and fraudulent behaviour on the Internet and has a known history of creating fake memorial pages on social media in an attempt to either gain financially, or by way of popularity (website traffic).
- In October 2014, Cpl. Nathan Cirillo was gunned down at the National War Monument in Ottawa. Within an hour of this national tragedy, Brianne created multiple social media and fundraising accounts on “behalf” of the Cirillo family. Her one page even managed to gain as many as 225,000 members. This was when I and many others first caught onto her scam and began reporting the issue to the proper authorities.
Visit: UPDATE: Brianne Patterson LIED, Did NOT Step Back from the Rest In Peace Cpl. Nathan Cirillo Facebook Page, now HIJACKED as #LightUpYellow despite its ongoing and childish harassment of former soldier Dann Martin
- The Cirillo family eventually demanded that Brianne delete the page, which instead of being used to remember a fallen soldier, was being used as an attack page and to promote her celebrity gossip bully blog WhatTheEff(dot)ca. As a result of mounting public pressure, the page was eventually shut down, but instead of deleting the page completely as per the family’s request, Brianne simply changed the name to the Light Up Yellow Campaign, thus hijacking an audience of close to a quarter-million members. The page is now down over 30,000 members since the start, which indicates that people are slowly but surely starting to wake-up to Brianne’s insanely bizarre web of lies. Also, several of her on-line bullying victims have now gone to the police and as a result, criminal charges are currently pending.
- Here’s a screenshot that proves that Brianne owns the Twitter account @lightupyellowCA (WARNING: This account is now being used as a self-attack page (she will deny any involvement) and contains extremely graphic pornographic material. Considering Brianne has slandered and harassed her former psychiatrist (according to her, she attempted suicide a few years back and was then sexually harassed by the doctor, who btw had recently been cleared of any wrong-doing), operating a porn account seems like a pretty sick joke (even for Brianne) and a real slap in the face to actual victims of sexual assault.
- In May of this year, I self-published my second book Sociopatriot, which now serves as an important historical timeline of events surrounding Brianne’s exploitation of the death of Nathan Cirillo and contains several revealing interviews with many of her past cyber-bullying victims. In an act of desperation (clearly Brianne doesn’t want anyone to read this book), Brianne has made up several lies about the content of the book and my motives for writing it. The reality is that she is afraid (all bullies are cowards) that people will find out the truth, and one way or another, they will.
FAST FORWARD . . .
- This past month (September 2015), a young girl by the name of Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette and her father Terry Blanchette out of Alberta, Canada were murdered in yet another national tragedy. Despite her many claims to the contrary (deny, deny, deny), it has now been PROVEN that Brianne Patterson was absolutely responsible for the creation of several memorial pages on social media – exploiting Hailey’s name in the exact same way that she had exploited Nathan Cirillo’s name. Hailey’s grandfather however, Kevin Dunbar, found out about Brianne’s activities and immediately demanded that she close the sites. In a shocking twist, Brianne has REFUSED! Not only that, but she has been on a rampage, spreading dangerous lies and mass confusion on any page that the family actually endorses. Brianne’s defamatory actions have now put Kevin, his daughter Cheyenne (Hailey’s mom), and many others (including a woman named Chelsea Nicole) in SERIOUS danger. So now, instead of being able to mourn the death of his granddaughter, Kevin must fight a deeply disturbed woman who is hell-bent on making his life completely miserable. It’s a troubling situation to say the least.
- Both myself and Kevin have received “Open Letters” from Brianne this past week, which were published on her website MissMusing(dot)ca. I will post the letters in the comment section below so that none of you will have to visit her blog (she tracks IP addresses). Plus, I know how she loves her copyright complaints. With regards to my letter only, I must admit, I didn’t even bother to read it until about a week after she published it. In a year’s worth of investigation, I have not once encountered a situation where Brianne was telling even an ounce of truth, so I knew it must have been ridiculous, but after reading it, I have to admit, it was beyond anything that I could have ever suspected. It’s like she wrote her own biography and accused me of living the life that she has now created for herself. This is another one of Brianne’s tactics – whatever she does to other people, or whatever they say about her, she flips the script and accuses others of the exact same thing in an attempt to confuse her readers even further. But I think the only person who is confused here, is her. This time, her pathetic attempt at perception manipulation is not going to save her.
Oh, and here’s a bit about me in case any of you are wondering: I’m 45-year old man, married with two grown kids and two grandkids. I live in the Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada. I have been involved in martial arts training since the age of 10. I had previously worked in the fitness industry for over 15 years. I had previously worked in the hospitality service industry for over 20 years. I was a Project Officer, Pre-Apprenticeship Program Coordinator and Customer Relations Instructor at Niagara College Canada for over 6 years. I am a former volunteer youth football coach (7 years) and the Media Coordinator for the Ontario Football Conference (OFC) and the Hamilton Hurricanes. I have been writing and blogging since 2009. I have been published with over 40 different on-line and print publications, and I have written two non-fiction books: Desolate Warrior and Sociopatriot. I am also a former Physical Activity Advisor for the Regional Municipality of Niagara, and a life-time volunteer in my community. Currently, I am an avid outdoorsman who enjoys kayaking, hiking, wilderness camping and adventure blogging. I’m also working on several new publications and I do custom woodworking on the side. I guess you could say, I’m a bit of a Renaissance man.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to direct message me on Twitter at @sociopatriot.